Are you confused about what questions to ask a girl on first chat?
SEE ALSO: 20 tips to win a girls heart
You managed to grab hold of her number.
The next step is to message her and get chatting.
Erm, easier said than done.
How on earth am I going to start the chat with her?
What’s the first thing I should say on chat?
If you’re running around like a headless chicken thinking how to start the conversation with her or what questions to ask her on your first chat, just take a deep breath.
We’re going to help you with that.
But first answer the following question:
Did you get her number from someone else like a mutual friend or from the girl herself?
If you got it from her, that means you’ve already started some conversation with her to get her number.
If you got her number from someone else, be prepared to face some awkwardness on your first chat.
But before we get started…
Prepare your profile
Who are you?
The car or the dog on your DP?
Sure it looks cool but that’s not the first thing a girl wants to see when you’re messaging her for the first time.
Put a recent and nice picture of yourself on your dp.
And please don’t put up a picture of you smoking, drinking, or a picture where your pants are all the way down to your knees.
Leave that to the early 2000.
We’re in 2018.
Smart and casual looks over anything else.
It’s not a job interview, yes we know, but it’s your first chat date with the girl you want to impress.
And girls ALWAYS check out the dp and statuses of the guys who message them.
Speaking of which, don’t put anything so childish or cheesy on your Whatsapp status when you message her.
And don’t forget to change your WhatsApp setting to show your dp to everyone until she adds you to her contact list.
This is so that she can see your dp right away when you message her for the first time.
10 Rules to Keep in Mind When You Message a Girl for the First Time
- As mentioned earlier, if she replies with “K” more than once, it means she’s not interested in chatting to you, or she can’t chat at that moment.
- Don’t annoy her with messages like “online but too busy for me eh”, because it just makes you look like a stalker and desperate.
- Don’t message her “Good morning” and “Good night” every single day. It gets boring at some point.
- Flooding her with compliments is a big NO. Don’t be sending her “Hey sexy,” “Hey beautiful,” etc. every single day. Compliments should be treated like salt and pepper. The right amount adds taste, and too much can ruin it.
- Do not ask her about her past relationships unless she tells you herself.
- “I’m still a virgin you know, waiting for the right girl”- No. Out of dateline. Don’t tell her these things unless she asks.
- Don’t ask all the questions on one go. Ask her what you know is best and keep the conversation light.
- Calm down with the emojis! Don’t flood the conversation with too many smileys, winkies, etc. It’s alright to put an appropriate one here and there to express your emotions but overdo it.
- Don’t ask her these questions out of nowhere like what are you, some random survey? Start a proper conversation with her and see if she’s interested in chatting before you continue with the questions.
- Don’t stare at her last seen and message as soon as she comes online.
20 Good questions to ask a girl on first chat to get attention
1- No College or work today?
2- What do you do when you’re free?
3- Just had so and so for dinner. What did you have?
You can use this question to start a conversation about food likes and dislikes.
4- Mention a hot news or current event of the day and ask “What do you think of this?”.
5- My mom or sister’s birthday is coming up. What do you think I should get for her?
6- Do you enjoy your job or course?
7- Tell her about a funny or furious thing your brother or sister did and ask her “What’s your brother or sister like?”
8- Who would you vote for this election?
9- What’s your favorite place to go for vacation?
10- What’s your life goal?
11- Talk about something that happened and ask “How would you react in this situation?”.
12- Tell her something you miss from your childhood days and ask her “What’s something you miss from your childhood?”.
13- Which movie would you never get bored of watching?
14- What’s your favorite food?
15- Who’s your best friend and what do you like about him or her?
16- Tell me something you dislike or hate the most.
17- Have you heard about (ask about something you know will catch her attention)?
18- How do you manage time for so and so?
19- What do you usually do at the weekend?
20- What’s your favorite scary or thriller movie?
What if she replies with one-word answers like “K”?
Or what if she looks at your message and doesn’t even reply?
It’s no secret that girls like to play hard to get.
If she gives you the “K” replies 2 or more times, it means 2 things:
- She’s not interested in you or even chatting with you.
- You stop messaging her and staring at her last seen all the time.
You let her be, and give her time to get back to you (if she wants to) in her own time.
Sometimes girls pretend not to be interested just to enjoy your attention.
Once you stop giving it, she will make an effort herself if she wanted to.
What’re your favorite questions to ask a girl on first chat?
Let us know in the comments below.